KDS maintains an admissions team that reviews referrals and applications and accepts all students who are appropriate for the program, without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin (we are not accepting adults 40+ at this time.)
Our school is not appropriate for homicidal or suicidal individuals or those with criminal backgrounds. Your child may be right for KDS if he or she has a below average IQ, is working below grade level and has been diagnosed with some type of developmental delay.
In order to consider your child for admission, please complete the following steps:
Initial Admission Packet
1. You are welcome to call us at 931.388.3810 and speak to someone in our admissions office to get overall information. However, please be aware that we cannot make an enrollment determination, campus recommendation or tuition estimates over the phone without a complete enrollment packet.
2. Complete the KDS Application for Admission (online only at https://crm.bestnotes.com/portal/tkds/menu).
3. Send diagnostic and program information: your student’s most recent psychological evaluation, current IEP, behavior plan or behavioral data, and any relevant medical information to email@example.com.
4. Complete a Request for Release of Information Form (on right of this page) for each program your student has attended within the past 5 years. Return forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that you consent to ALL information/records, as this will best help us make an admission determination.
5. You may be asked to provide additional information in order to make an admission determination. This may include but is not limited to the following: video clips or Skype interview, additional medical information, etc.
6. The KDS Admission Team will meet to determine how your student may or may not benefit from The King’s Daughters’ School.
7. KDS will follow up with you regarding an admission determination.
8. If your student is accepted for admission and you wish to move forward, we will schedule a tour of the campus.
9. Complete the KDS Consents, which are found in a PDF file on the KDS application portal, https://crm.bestnotes.com/portal/tkds/menu).
10. Secure pre-enrollment medical exams/medications: Ensure your student has results from physical, dental and vision exams within the past year, as well as medications/prescriptions for 3 months.
11. For families of adults, complete an independent financial assessment; information is provided by the KDS Admission Team.
Enrollment 12. Set an enrollment date, along with the KDS Admission Team. Please note KDS offers enrollments at the beginning of the week, before lunchtime.
13. You will receive a series of enrollment emails, which will provide packing lists, a parent handbook, a checklist of items and paperwork needed for enrollment, contact information, and your contract for services.